Why should I eat fat, what's in it for me?
Notice how cranky and moody you are when you don't eat fat. People that are chronically on 'diets' and are never eating real, full foods but rather only the fractured no-fat or low-fat versions are always hungry and are never satisfied because they aren't giving their body the fat it needs. When you eat fat your body feels satiated and you feel satisfied and full, you don't need to eat mindlessly or every two hours because you're giving your body what it wants and needs.
- provide a concentrated source of energy
- are used to build healthy cell membranes
- are used to build necessary hormones
- slow down the absorption of nutrients so we feel full longer
- help us have healthy skin and hair
- help with nerve transmission, the brain is 60% fat
How do I add fat into my regular diet?