Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Day WOD

Breakfast this morning: red swiss chard, nitrate free bacon, 2 farm eggs, and some cherry tomatoes.  This was the perfect breakfast to fuel my memorial day hero WOD at Crossfit KoP.

Murph
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 squats
1 mile run
*Women 10# weight vest, Men 20# weight vest

This was the first time attempting Murph, and I decided to try it Rx (as prescribed) above, which meant wearing the 10# weight vest.  Today was hot too, it was at least 80 degrees and sunny, great weather for sunbathing not so great for running in a weight vest.  This workout was mentally and physically tough, I took Coach Jason's recommendation and tackled the workout as the a mile run sandwiching 20 rounds of Cindy (5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats).  Next time I do this, I would keep the same rep scheme but I'm remembering to tape my hands.  I didn't realize how much harder the extra 10#s would be on my hands on the pull ups!  This was a tough workout for me and the first one I did with a weight vest.  I finished in 48 minutes and change, looks like next time I attempt this I have plenty of room for improvement.

I was honored to do this Hero WOD on Memorial Day weekend.  Thanks to all our heroes, celebrated and un-named, that keep us safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment